- How do you protect yourself from the coronavirus?
- How can we strengthen our body’s immune system?
- packed /pakt/
- run /ruhn/
- death toll /DETH toll/
- man /man/
- adequate /AD-i-kwit/
[adjective] – completely full
Citrus fruits are packed with Vitamin C.
[verb] – to be in control of or manage something
Mr. Gonzales has been running this company for over ten years.
[noun] – the number of people who die because of an event such as a war or an accident
The typhoon left with a death toll of 43 people.
[verb] – to be present in order to operate something, such as equipment or a service
Vivian’s parents are currently manning the shop since she went on labor last Tuesday.
[adjective] – enough or satisfactory for a particular purpose
The team managed to execute a satisfactory presentation though they did not have adequate time to prepare.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said they need the army’s help in manning and providing additional COVID-19 facilities. Sisodia added that they also need “urgent” help in the transportation of oxygen supplies. The Indian government has ordered the armed forces to assist in transporting oxygen to hospitals, and retired military medical staff to assist in facilities. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that Delhi is not getting an adequate supply of medical oxygen to hospitals from the federal government. The federal government clarified that the problem is not on the lack of supply but rather, transportation. India produces thousands of tonnes of medical oxygen but lacks distribution networks.
- Whose assistance did Delhi officials ask?
- How many people in India have been affected by COVID-19 in total?
- What kind of help did the Deputy Chief Minister ask from the army?
- What does Chief Minister Kejriwal say about the oxygen supply in the capital?
- What is the federal government’s response to this?
- What do you know of the crisis in India?
- Is it necessary to have a national lockdown in India?
- How can other countries help India in dealing with the crisis? Explain your answer.
- How is your country handling the COVID-19 situation?
- When do you think the pandemic will be over? Explain your answer.