- release /ri-LEES/
- vaccinate /VAK-suh-neyt/
- campaign /kam-PEYN/
- eliminate /ih-LIM-uh-neyt /
- regardless /ri-GAHRD-lis/
[verb] – to allow something to be shown in public or to be available for use
They have released a picture of the man they want to question.
[verb] – to give someone a vaccine, usually by injection, to prevent them from getting a disease
We need to vaccinate our dog.
[noun] – a planned group of especially political, business, or military activities that are intended to achieve a particular aim
He played an important part in the campaign.
[verb] – to remove or take away someone or something
Is it possible to eliminate poverty from the world?
[adverb] – despite; not being affected by something
Regardless of the cost, she always travels first class.
The immunization campaign has a clear impact. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that in September, the city’s public schools will return to in-person learning, with no remote options. Face masks will still be needed in schools, according to Meisha Porter, the Chancellor of the New York City Schools. “We have proven that we can beat back Covid all over this country, and school opens four months from now,” de Blasio declared on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “So, I absolutely believe Covid will continue to go down, vaccinations will go up, recovery will be strong.” Gov. Phil Murphy announced on May 24, 2021 that mask-wearing and social distance regulations will be eliminated in New Jersey, regardless of vaccination status, except for certain designated situations. If a company wants to, it can require staff and customers to wear masks, he said. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan announced enhanced return-to-work regulations and recommendations, including the ability for fully vaccinated employees to avoid wearing face masks and social isolation. According to Whitmer, the state has passed the 55 percent immunization mark.
- Do you think New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has said a strong remark? Why do you think so?
- Why will face masks still be needed in schools, according to Meisha Porter?
- Do you think companies still need to require staff and customers to wear masks? Please explain your answer.
- How is the covid vaccination in your country now?
- Have you already been vaccinated? If yes, please tell me more about it. If no, when is it and how do you feel about it?