- Do you use online services?
- What do you do when online services are not available?
- shutdown /SHUHT-doun/
- last /lahst/
- issue /ISH-oo/
- service /SUR-vis/
- available /uh-VEY-luh-buhl/
[noun] – the act or process of ending the operations of a business, system, industry, etc., either temporarily or permanently
The online shutdown was temporary. It lasted for only 2 hours.
[verb] – to continue to exist
The rain lasted until morning.
[noun] – a subject or problem that people are thinking and talking about
Pollution is the country’s top issue.
[noun] – a system, organization, or business that provides for a public need, or the operation of such a system
Customers love the online shop’s good service.
[adjective] – able to be obtained, used, or reached
More information will be available by Wednesday.
True or False:
- The online shutdowns started at around 2:17 p.m. US time.
- They lasted for one hour.
- Other businesses around the world were also affected by the online shutdowns.
- American, Delta, United, and Southwest Airlines were not affected by the online shutdown.
- All the businesses affected use Akamai.
Fill in the blanks:
- The train _______ was not good. I hope they could improve it.
- The online shop had a temporary _______.
- Discounted tickets are _______ to students only.
- Global warming is an ongoing _______.
- How many hours did your flight to California _______?