- outage /OU-tij/
- large-scale /LAHRJ-SKEYL/
- stock exchange /stok iks-CHEYNJ/
- stability /stuh-BIL-i-tee/
- cybersecurity /sahy-ber-si-KYOOR-i-tee/
[noun] – a period when a service, such as electricity, is not available
Power outages affected nearly 100 houses in the aftermath of the typhoon.
[adjective] – involving many people or things, or happening over a large area
A large-scale organizational reform is being planned.
[noun] – a place where shares in companies are bought and sold, or the organization of people whose job is to do this buying or selling
Haru makes a living by trading on the international stock exchange.
[noun] – a situation in which something such as an economy, company, or system can continue regularly and successfully without unexpected changes
Social stability must be one of the local government’s priorities.
[noun] – things that are done to protect a person, organization, or country and their computer information against crime or attacks carried out using the internet
The authorities provided more funds to strengthen cybersecurity.
An Akamai spokesperson responded with, “Our priority is restoring service as quickly as possible. We will share additional information as it becomes available.” The latest incident has drawn attention to vital online platforms’ stability. Hack-for-ransom attacks in various big companies—particularly in the US —since May have caused other businesses to fear cybersecurity risks. US President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed cybersecurity as their top agenda during their meeting in Geneva, Switzerland last June 16.
- Have you experienced an online outage during a busy hour? Please tell me more about it.
- When was the last time an online outage happened in your area or country?
- If you were making transactions online and an outage occurs, what would you do?
- Are Akamai and other tech providers responsible for the cybersecurity of both companies and individuals using their services?
- What preventive measures must governments do to ensure that online platforms are safe to use?
- draw attention