- Are you an outgoing person?
- What activity do you miss doing outside?
- journey /JUR-nee/
- private /PRAHY-vit/
- choice /chois/
- effect /ih-FEKT/
- attract /uh-TRAKT/
[noun] – the act of traveling from one place to another, especially in a vehicle
She wants to go on a journey to Okinawa.
[adjective] – only for one person or group and not for everyone
We will have our company party at a private dining restaurant.
[noun] – an act or the possibility of choosing
It is your choice to be happy.
[noun] – the result of a particular influence
The medicine did not have any effect on me.
[verb] – (of people, things, places, etc.) to pull or draw someone or something towards them, by the qualities they have, especially good ones
I think the new museum in Yokohama will attract many visitors.
Adrien Aumont and Romain Payet, founders of a French start-up, have created Midnight Trains, a “hotel on rails” for a more comfortable and convenient journey. Passengers can expect private rooms with an onboard restaurant, a bar, and an app-operated concierge service. Rooms for couples and larger groups are also available. The French duo believes that Midnight Trains will be a perfect choice for people who are concerned with the effects of flying on the environment. Moreover, Aumont and Payet share that ticket prices will be affordable. In 2030, the hotel on rails will be traveling from Paris to Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Scotland.
In 2018, local flights in Sweden went down 9% as many people started learning about carbon footprint. According to Payet, travelers are more and more concerned about air travel. Midnight Trains would surely attract passengers from all around the world as the project promises a more environmentally friendly experience.
True or False:
- Passengers can go onboard Midnight Trains starting 2024.
- Aumont and Payet are founders of a travel company.
- There will be rooms for larger groups in Midnight Trains.
- The ticket prices will be expensive.
- Local flights in Sweden went down 9% in 2018.
Fill in the blanks:
- We had a _____ afternoon tea in London.
- You need to make a _____ on what gift to give her.
- The ______ from Gifu to Tokyo was tiring.
- Universal Studios ______ many people around the world.
- Eating too much salty food can have a negative _____ on your body.