- What Covid-19 virus variants do you know?
- Which country in the world had quickly recovered its economy in spite of the pandemic?
- lockdown /LOK-doun/
- territory /TER-i-tawr-ee/
- agency /EY-juhn-see/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- official /uh-FISH-uhl/
[noun] – an emergency situation in which people are not allowed to freely enter, leave, or move around in a building or area because of danger
The campus was placed on lockdown shortly after the shootings were reported, and Monday’s classes were canceled.
[noun] – (an area of) land, or sometimes ocean, that is considered as belonging to or connected with a particular country or person
They denied him passage through the territory.
[noun] – a government organization
The agency’s duty is to act in the best interests of the child.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
Nobody can prevent us from getting married.
[noun] – a person who has a position or responsibility in an organization
The official was dismissed for neglect of his duty.
Australia was recognized for its rapid response to the pandemic and ability to quickly recover its economy. However, with that security has come complacency, particularly among the federal government, which failed to procure enough vaccine doses to prevent “circuit breaker” lockdowns, which are a set of restrictions aimed to reverse the epidemic’s tide and reduce the number of cases. Residents of Perth and the surrounding Peel region are being warned to stay at home unless absolutely necessary after officials uncovered a third case linked to the Sydney outbreak. Except for necessary jobs, health care, grocery shopping, or exercise, residents of Brisbane, the country’s third-largest city, will be forced to stay at home.
- What has been declared a national emergency in four of Australia’s eight major cities?
- What is the capital of Queensland?
- How many active cases does the country have as of June 28, 2021?
- Why was Australia recognized?
- According to the article, who became complacent?
- Do you know anyone who lives in Australia?
- When was the last time you experienced a lockdown?
- How would you describe Australia’s response to the pandemic?
- Do you agree with the idea to go under lockdown in the fight against the Delta variant?
- In your opinion, did the federal government become complacent? Please explain your answer.