- Do you like pets?
- How do you take care of pets?
- population /pop-yuh-LEY-shuhn/
- clinic /KLIN-ik/
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- present /prez-UNHNT/
- develop /dih-VEL-uhp/
[noun] – all the people living in a particular country, area, or place
The country has a total population of 65 million.
[noun] – a building, often part of a hospital, to which people can go for medical care or advice relating to a particular condition
He is being treated at the London clinic.
[verb] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
May I suggest a white wine with this dish, Sir?
[verb] – to give, provide, or make something known
We were deeply touched by what he presented at the meeting.
[verb] – to (cause something to) grow or change into a more advanced, larger, or stronger form
Sickness may develop from inadequate fluid intake.
There has been no indication of pet-to-owner transmission to date, according to the study’s authors, though it would be impossible to detect while the virus was still easily spread between humans. The majority of affected pets are asymptomatic or show only modest signs of Covid. Utrecht University researchers sent a mobile veterinary clinic to homes in the Netherlands where Covid had been identified in the previous 200 days.
“Blood samples were analyzed for antibodies that suggested a previous exposure to Covid, and swabs from their pets were obtained to look for evidence of infection. The researchers presented their findings at the European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases:
• An active infection was found in 4.2 percent of the participants.
• Antibodies were found in 17.4 percent of those who participated in the study.
All of the PCR-positive (polymerase chain reaction) animals were able to eliminate the infection and develop antibodies, according to follow-up tests. Viruses are more likely to go from humans to animals than the other way around, according to researchers.”
True or False:
- Swabs were collected from 310 pets in 196 homes where the human illness had been discovered.
- According to Dr. Els Broens, the main concern is not the animals’ health, but the potential risk that pets could transmit the virus to the human population.
- According to the findings, an active infection was found in 4.2 percent of the participants.
- Antibodies were found in 16.4 percent of those who participated in the study.
- Viruses are more likely to go from humans to animals than the other way around, according to researchers.
Fill in the blanks:
- She has __________ the sales report for this month.
- India has a ___________ of more than 1 billion.
- What do you __________ I order?
- He was treated at the hospital’s eye __________.
- You need to __________ a positive mental attitude.