- In your country, where do people usually buy cigarettes?
- Do restaurants in your country have smoking areas?
- decrease /dih-KREES/
- soon /soon/
- interview /IN-ter-vyoo/
- organization /awr-guh-nuh-ZEY-shuhn/
- responsible /ri-SPON-suh-buhl /
[verb] – to become less, or to make something become less
The price of sugar decreased this month.
[adverb] – in or within a short time; before long; quickly
I arrived in the city sooner than I expected.
[noun] – a meeting in which someone answers questions about himself or herself for a newspaper article, television show, etc
The popular singer will have an interview next week.
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
International organizations will gather on Friday.
[adjective] – to have control and authority over something or someone and the duty of taking care of it, him, or her
As a gardener, I am responsible for keeping the plants healthy.
True or False:
- Philip Morris International wants to stop selling its products in the UK.
- CEO Jacek Olczak said that Philip Morris can see a world without cigarettes.
- Philip Morris spent £1bn to own Vectura.
- Philip Morris is not responsible for selling over a tenth of cigarettes across the world.
- According to WHO, smoking kills more than 8 million people a year.
Fill in the blanks:
- My father works for an environmental _________.
- I read an ______ of my favorite author in the newspaper.
- The hairstylist is _______ for recommending and selling salon products.
- Come a little ______ to the party if you can.
- You should ______ the amount of fat that you eat every week.