- Are you familiar with Microsoft’s services?
- Do you often encounter problems on the internet?
- option /OP-shuhn/
- prevent /pri-VENT/
- register /REJ-uh-ster/
- opportunity /op-er-TOO-ni-tee/
- entry /EN-tree/
[noun] – one thing that can be chosen from a set of possibilities, or the freedom to make a choice
The best option for us is to ride the bus.
[verb] – to stop something from happening or someone from doing something
You should always check your car before leaving to prevent accidents.
[verb] – to put information, especially your name, into an official list or record
You need to register your name on the library card.
[noun] – an occasion or situation that makes it possible to do something that you want to do or have to do, or the possibility of doing something
I got the opportunity to work for a large and successful company.
[noun] – the act of entering a place or joining a particular society or organization
The museum offers free entry to students on Thursdays.
True or False:
- Microsoft is now offering a passwordless account for its users.
- Vassu Jakkal is Microsoft’s vice president of security.
- Microsoft’s Authenticator app creates a numbered login code every few seconds.
- Hackers could find more opportunities to break into a company’s system as more employees work from home.
- Reusing the same password across accounts is not an easy point of entry for hackers.
Fill in the blanks:
- Please ______ your number so you can receive store updates.
- The bus has already left but you still have the ______ to take the train.
- You should drink this juice to ______ colds.
- An identification card is needed for _____ to the building.
- Nowadays, there are many _____ for people to sell products.