- Do you know any job searching applications?
- How do you plan to search for the company you would like to work at in the future?
- exit /EG-zit/
- technology /tek-NOL-uh-jee/
- forbidden /fer-BID-n/
- challenging /CHAL-in-jing/
- available /uh-VEY-luh-buhl/
[noun] – the act of leaving something such as a job, an organization, a competition, or a television show
The recent scandal caused the business’ exit from the market.
[noun] – (the study and knowledge of) the practical, especially industrial, use of scientific discoveries
Advanced technology has made it possible to communicate easily.
[adjective] – not allowed, especially by law
Street vendors are forbidden in the city’s sidewalks.
[adjective] – difficult, in a way that tests your ability or determination
I find this task challenging but fun.
[adjective] – able to be bought or used
The pair of shoes is now available again after being soldout for three months.
True or False:
- Job searching application LinkedIn will be shutting down in the Philippines, according to the article.
- Apple is the creator of LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn was launched in China in 2014.
- Stricter Chinese laws caused LinkedIn’s exit in the country.
- A replacement for LinkedIn called OutJobs is set to begin operations later this year.
Fill in the blanks:
- Jason loves _________ outdoor activities like mountain climbing.
- This offer is _________ for a limited time only.
- His _________ from the team made a significant change.
- Smoking is _________ in this building.
- I am amazed at how advanced our _________ is.