©Getty Images via BBC
- Are there a lot of tall buildings in your city?
- Do you enjoy sightseeing?
- strict /strikt/
- limit /LIM-it/
- mega /mega/
- citizen /SIT-uh-zuhn/
- population /pop-yuh-LEY-shuhn /
[adjective] – strongly limiting someone’s freedom to behave as they wish, or likely to severely punish someone if they do not obey
Her school has some strict rules.
[noun] – the greatest amount, number, or level of something that is either possible or allowed
The store put a limit on toilet paper purchases.
[adjective] – very big
My friend and I visited the mega department store in town.
[noun] – a person who is a member of a particular country and who has rights because of being born there or because of being given rights, or a person who lives in a particular town or city
Mr. Furukawa is a Japanese citizen.
[noun] – all the people living in a particular country, area, or place
The city has a population of 336 people.
True or False:
- China has placed stricter limits on the building of “super high-rise towers”.
- According to Chinese citizens, super-high skyscrapers were “not needed”.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development and the Ministry of Emergency, have introduced stricter rules on October 26, 2021
- Cities with populations of less than three million people will be allowed to build skyscrapers taller than 150 meters (492 ft).
- Those with populations larger than that will not be able to build towers taller than 350 meters.
Fill in the blanks:
- The country has a total _______ of 80 million.
- Yesterday, I met three British _______.
- There is a height _____ for riding the rollercoaster.
- My boss is quite _______.
- The city is full of ______ houses.