- Are you interested in AI?
- Do you use AI in your job?
- pub /puhb/
- experience /ik-SPEER-ee-uhns/
- unpleasant /uhn-PLEZ-uhnt/
- touchscreen /TUHCH-skreen/
- technology /tek-NOL-uh-jee/
[noun] – a place, especially in Great Britain or Ireland, where alcoholic drinks can be bought and drunk and where food is often available
Do you want to go to the pub after work?
[noun] – something that happens to you that affects how you feel
I had a pretty bad experience at the clinic.
[adjective] – not enjoyable or pleasant
A very unpleasant thing has happened.
[noun] – a computer screen that you touch to get information, buy something, etc.
They use a touchscreen to buy tickets.
[noun] – (the study and knowledge of) the practical, especially industrial, use of scientific discoveries
Even persons working alone may write professional-looking texts thanks to computer technology.
On the other hand, those bartenders may soon cease to be human. Cecilia is a robotic bartender who is like Alexa on an Amazon Echo speaker or Siri on an iPhone, uses artificial intelligence (AI) to mix and serve cocktails and chat with customers.
You can tell her what cocktail you want, or you can order it on the touchscreen below and pay with your credit card or phone. The drink is then blended and prepared inside the vending machine before being served in a glass to you. Elad Kobi is the CEO of Cecilia.AI, the Israeli startup behind the technology.
True or False:
- When the personnel in a pub or bar is polite and helpful, it enhances the overall experience.
- Dealing with an unpleasant person who serves your pint or margarita can lower your enjoyment.
- Harry Gordon Johnson is a notable Canadian economist.
- Cecilia is a robotic bartender who is like Alexa on an Amazon Echo speaker or Siri on an iPhone.
- Elad Kobi is the CEO of Cecilia.AI.
Fill in the blanks:
- Modern __________ is amazing, isn’t it?
- He was in the __________ until closing time.
- The best way to learn is by __________.
- You have to use the _________ to vote.
- It made things very _________ in a way.