- enhance /en-HANS/
- establishment /ih-STAB-lish-muhnt/
- artificial intelligence /ahr-tuh-FISH-uhl in-TEL-i-juhns/
- resemble /ri-ZEM-buhl/
- voice recognition /vois rek-uhg-NISH-uhn /
[verb] – to improve the quality, amount, or strength of something
The images can then be enhanced on a computer.
[noun] – a business or other organization, or the place where an organization operates
What made you come and work in this establishment?
[noun] – the use of computer programs that have some of the qualities of the human mind, such as the ability to understand language, recognize pictures, and learn from experience
Artificial intelligence is required for computers to interpret natural language.
[noun] – to look like or be like someone or something
You resemble your mother very closely.
[noun] – the ability of a computer or other machine to understand spoken instructions or to recognize who a human voice belongs to
You can make calls by selecting a contact manually or through voice recognition.
The person behind the bar can even become a buddy and confidant for those who have a favorite drinking establishment. “The greatest success of a bartender resides in his ability to exactly suit his customer,” stated noted Canadian economist Harry Gordon Johnson. On the other hand, those bartenders may soon cease to be human. Cecilia is a robotic bartender who mixes and serves cocktails and communicates with clients using artificial intelligence (AI) in the same manner as Alexa on an Amazon Echo speaker or Siri on an iPhone can. The machine resembles a tall fruit machine, but it has an animated female barmaid named Cecilia on a huge, upright television screen.
You can either tell her what cocktail you want or order it on the touchscreen below and pay with your credit card or phone. After that, your drink is blended and prepared inside the machine before being delivered into a glass at the vending machine. “Cecilia works on voice recognition and AI technology,” explains Elad Kobi, CEO of Cecilia.AI, the Israeli company that developed the technology. “She can communicate with consumers, and when they choose a specific cocktail, she can mix it live,” the business claims.
- What do you/people usually order in a bar? Please tell me more about it.
- Do you already have robots in your country? For what are they used?
- If you were an owner of a bar, would you like to have bartender robots?
- Do you agree with the idea that the greatest success of a bartender resides in his ability to exactly suit his customer?
- What do you think of having robots in all establishments you go to?