- Do you like green tea?
- Have you already tried gardening?
- celebrate /SEL-uh-breyt/
- name sb/sth after sb/sth /neym AF-ter/
- season /SEE-zuhn/
- produce /pruh-DOOS/
- crop /krop/
[verb] – to take part in special enjoyable activities in order to show that a particular occasion is important
We always go out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
[phrasal verb] – to give someone or something the same name as another person or thing
I was named after his grandfather.
[noun] – the period of the year when something that happens every year happens
How long does the dry season last?
[verb] – to make something or bring something into existence
Bea works for a company that produces wheat bread.
[noun] – (the total amount collected of) a plant such as a grain, fruit, or vegetable grown in large amounts
Coffee and rice are the most important export crops.
If you enjoy green tea, now is the greatest time to purchase the freshest leaves available. Ichibancha, or first flush tea, is produced during this time and has a high reputation and rating. When the weather is relatively low but still ideal for planting, theanine, the amino acid that gives the tea its flavor, is abundant; thus, Ichibancha produces the best crop of the three (nibancha and sanbancha harvest in July and September).
There are various ways to appreciate and connect with nature this Greenery Day, whether it’s gardening at home or visiting a botanical garden. It’s a relaxing approach to de-stress and get away from the daily routine.
True or False:
- Greenery Day is a Japanese national holiday that honors and celebrates nature.
- Golden Week’s weather is neither too hot nor too cold.
- Greenery Day was named after an avid gardener Japanese Emperor.
- Ichibancha is produced during the winter season.
- Based on the article, there are various ways to appreciate and get in touch with nature this Greenery Day.
Fill in the blanks:
- Hopefully, the tree will __________ some blossom next year.
- It’s my birthday, let’s __________!
- The rainy __________ has started.
- We __________ our dogs __________ cartoon characters.
- Sugar has always been an important __________ on the island.