I will read each question. Then, please answer them.
- Is it better to work in an office or at home?
- Have you tried Airbnb’s service?
I will read the words, meanings, and sample sentences. Then, repeat after me.
- typical /TIP-i-kuhl/
- past /past/
- arrange /uh-REYNJ/
- choice /chois/
- location /loh-KEY-shuhn/
[adjective] – showing all the characteristics that you would usually expect from a particular group of things
I want to live in a typical home.
[noun] – the period before and until, but not including, the present time
Nora talked about her past when we met last week.
[verb] – to plan, prepare for, or organize something
Please arrange a meeting with Mr. Okamoto.
[noun] – an act or the possibility of choosing
It was Leslie’s choice to study in Chicago.
[noun] – a place or position
We will move the store to another location.
Please read the whole article. Then, I will check your pronunciation and intonation.
Vacation rental company Airbnb announced in late April that all employees can choose to work remotely, but when they do return to the office it will likely look different. The home-sharing platform is set to redesign its offices, although the details have not yet been finalized. In an interview, Airbnb co-founder and CEO Brian Chesky said that people have an outdated opinion of a typical office. “The open floor plan with these meeting rooms that everyone’s waiting in line to get in and no one can find a meeting room, all of that is I think a thing of the past,” he said. As part of its new workplace setting, the company plans to arrange weekly events for employees every quarter “to make sure there is human connection.” Starting in September, the company will be offering its employees the choice to work from more than 170 countries for up to 90 days every year in each location.
True or False:
Read the sentences and identify if they are true or false based on the article.
- Offices will still be the same for employees of Airbnb.
- Airbnb has already finalized the details of its redesigning plans.
- Brian Chesky is the co-founder and CEO of Airbnb.
- The company plans to hold weekly events for employees every quarter.
- The company will be offering its employees the choice to work from more than 170 countries starting September.
Fill in the blanks:
Choose the correct word from the table then fill in the blanks.
- It was easy to find the ______ of your office building.
- Please ______ a zoom meeting with Mr. Uchiyama.
- Dani made the ______ to live in Vietnam.
- She still wants to work at a ________ office.
- Alex thinks that the newspaper is a thing of the _______.