- Do you have bridges in your city?
- How often do you visit parks?
- spot /spot/
- permanent /PUR-muh-nuhnt/
- event /ih-VENT/
- development /dih-VEL-uhp-muhnt/
- attract /uh-TRAKT/
[noun] – a particular place
This appears to be a lovely spot for a picnic.
[adjective] – lasting for a long time or forever
She is looking for a permanent city to stay.
[noun] – anything that happens, especially something important or unusual
The Olympic Games this year will be the largest sporting event in history.
[noun] – the process in which someone or something grows or changes and becomes more advanced
The film followed the development of popular music throughout history.
[verb] – (of people, things, places, etc.) to pull or draw someone or something toward them, by the qualities they have, especially good ones
These flowers are beautifully colored to attract butterflies.
True or False:
- The Victorian bridge in Sheffield could be turned into a beautiful green space to help attract families to the area.
- Mr. Baker expressed interest in turning Kelham Island’s Ball Street Bridge into a park.
- The bridge has been closed to traffic since the pandemic.
- Based on the article, there are many apartments, pubs, and restaurants; however, there is a little outdoor area for families.
- A representative for Sheffield City Council stated that the city is proud of its image as the “Outdoor City.”
Fill in the blanks:
- The doctor observes the __________ of the child.
- They should __________ foreign investment.
- I forgot the exact date of the __________.
- The cops blocked off the __________ where the accident took place.
- He gave up a __________ job in order to freelance.