- spokesperson /SPOHKS-pur-suhn/
- component /kuhm-POH-nuhnt/
- core /KAWR/
- transportation /trans-per-TEY-shuhn/
- initiative /ih-NISH-uh-tiv/
[noun] – a person who is chosen to speak officially for a group or organization
The airline spokesperson said that the flights would operate as scheduled.
[noun] – one of the parts of a system, process, or machine
Each component is carefully checked before assembly.
[noun] – the center or most important part of something
Safety concerns are at the core of the new policies.
[noun] – a vehicle or system of vehicles, such as buses, trains, etc. for getting from one place to another
Bicycles are a low-cost and effective mode of transportation.
[noun] – a new plan or process to achieve something or solve a problem
Our new marketing initiative will be led by Joe Walker.
Mr. Bowker, whose office is nearby, said Kelham Island has seen a lot of investment and expansion over the last 20 years, but it is geared at young people – singles and couples. Although there are many apartments, pubs, and restaurants, there is a little outdoor area for families. He believes that repaving the bridge and installing permanent benches and planters might transform it into a venue for events and for residents to come. Sheffield City Council spokesperson stated the city is proud of its image as the Outdoor City, and that enhancing green space is a key component of development in the city core. He went on to say that the Ball Street Bridge was now closed to traffic as part of Kelham’s active transportation strategy to encourage walking and cycling and that when putting initiatives like this in place, they have to consider things like emergency vehicle access.
- What are some of the famous bridges in your country? Could you tell me something about them?
- Do you know a place that has been converted to something else because of a particular purpose? Could you tell me something about it?
- If you were to convert a place to something else, what would it be? Why?
- Do you support the idea of converting a bridge into a park?
- In your opinion, should the bridge have emergency vehicle access? Why?
- turn into
- green space