- arbitrary /AHR-bi-trer-ee/
- splendid /SPLEN-did/
- exhilaration /ig-zil-uh-REY-shuhn/
- fundamental /fuhn-duh-MEN-tl /
- rigorous /RIG-er-uhs/
[adjective] – based on chance rather than being planned or based on reason
My arbitrary crossing of paths with my crush gave me butterflies in my stomach.
[adjective] – excellent, or beautiful and impressive
Everything about her is splendid.
[noun] – excitement and happiness
I have to conceal my exhilaration whenever I hear her soothing voice and see her picturesque smile.
[adjective] – forming the base, from which everything else develops
Learning what makes her euphoric is a fundamental aspect of our growing relationship.
[adjective] – careful to look at or consider every part of something to make certain it is correct or safe
To ensure her safety, I must be rigorous in my knowledge of the neighborhood.
Last week, he posted on Facebook his exhilaration. “Birding has exploded in popularity recently, and I’m looking forward to putting a spotlight on these amazing creatures and the extraordinary birders who love them and work to protect them!” he added. Birding or birdwatching is the observation of birds for leisure or as part of a citizen science activity. A person interested in birdwatching has the choice of utilizing their sight, devices such as binoculars, or a telescope, listening for bird sounds, or viewing public webcams to observe birds. These options are all accessible. Because it is easier to detect and identify a large number of bird species via the use of one’s ears than it is through the use of one’s eyes, birdwatching often needs a fundamental emphasis on the use of one’s ears rather than one’s eyes. The vast majority of people who observe birds do it for leisure or social purposes, as opposed to ornithologists, who perform scientific research on birds using rigorous procedures.
- What are the types of birds that are present in your area?
- Have you ever had a pet bird? If so, how was the experience? If not, would you consider having one? Explain.
- Would you grab the chance if you were ever invited to host a TV show? Why or why not?
- Do you think birdwatching is a meaningful recreation?
- How are you going to show your love and support for a leisure activity you find worthwhile?