- What is the hottest day that you have ever experienced?
- Have you watched any news about global warming in the past few days? Could you tell me about it?
- primary /PRAHY-mer-ee/
- crucial /KROO-shuhl/
- concerned /kuhn-SURND/
- endure /en-DOOR/
- agreement /uh-GREE-muhnt/
[adjective] – more important than anything else; main
Our primary concern is to provide the refugees with food and healthcare.
[adjective] – (of a decision or event) extremely important because many other things depend on it
This aid money is crucial to the government’s economic policies.
[adjective] – worried
The police are very concerned about the welfare of the missing child.
[verb] – remain in existence; last
The temperature would only endure for a short period.
[noun] – a decision or arrangement, often formal and written, between two or more groups or people
The agreement strengthened the bonds between the two countries.
The average global temperature first rose by 1 degree above these levels in 2015. Political leaders also ratified the Paris Climate Agreement that year, pledging to keep the increase in global temperatures well below 2C while pursuing efforts to keep them below 1.5C. At COP26 in Glasgow in November of last year, governments reaffirmed their dedication to keeping “1.5C alive.” The devastating wildfires that spread across North America last year or the current heatwaves that are causing great damage in India and Pakistan are just two examples of how scientists claim the world has already felt the effects of 1C warming.
- What are the researchers concerned about?
- What is the result of rapidly increasing hot gases in the atmosphere?
- Who ratified the Paris Climate Agreement?
- What is the Paris Climate Agreement all about?
- What are the effects of 1C warming?
- When was the last time you experienced a heatwave? Could you tell me about it?
- What small ways have you done to lessen the burden of global warning? Please elaborate on your answer.
- If you were to be president, how would you address this problem?
- Do you believe that heatwaves and extreme wildfires are the results of global warming?
- What long-term solution can you think of to address this issue? Please elaborate on your answer.