- wrinkle /RING-kuhl /
- disclose /dih-SKLOHZ/
- resemble /ri-ZEM-buhl/
- implication /im-pli-KEY-shuhn/
- stability /stuh-BIL-i-tee/
[noun] – a small line in the skin caused by old age
Wrinkles naturally appear as people get older.
[verb] – to make something known publicly, or to show something that was hidden
The company didn’t disclose how much it expects to gain from the two deals.
[verb] – to look like or be like someone or something
She may resemble her father on the outside, but she is nothing like him in other ways.
[noun] – an occasion when you seem to suggest something without saying it directly
He smiled, but the implication was that he didn’t believe me.
[noun] – a situation in which something is not likely to move or change
She lacks emotional stability.
Much psychological research from the last 10 years shows that people’s responses frequently vary greatly and disclose surprising information about their behavioral tendencies. Some people have a vivid image of their future selves that resembles their present selves in many ways. These people are more likely to manage their finances responsibly and treat others with more morality because they care about making life easier in the future. Others find it difficult to see themselves as extensions of who they are now, and they frequently behave in much less responsible ways. They seem to view their future selves as distinct individuals who have little to do with their current selves, which makes them much less concerned about the long-term effects of their decisions. You might as well consider your future self a relationship that needs to be fostered and grown.
We should give our future selves greater thought because doing so has enormous implications for our health, pleasure, and financial stability. You are more likely to take care of your body to ensure that it enjoys greater health in the years to come if you have a strong sense of whom you want to be in the future.
- Have you thought of where you will be in ten years? Could you tell me about it?
- How do you manage your finances? Please elaborate on your answer.
- What would you like to become someday? Could you tell me more about it?
- Do you believe that some people behave in much less responsible ways because they find it difficult to see themselves as extensions of who they are now?
- What do you think about the last paragraph? Please elaborate on your answer.