- skyscraper /SKAHY-skrey-per/
- come through /KUHM-THROO/
- consistent /kuhn-SIS-tuhnt/
- innovative /IN-uh-vey-tiv/
- anticipate /an-TIS-uh-peyt/
[noun] – a very tall modern building, usually in a city
The restaurant is at the top of one of the skyscrapers.
[phrasal verb] – become apparent or noticeable through actions or performance.
His nervousness comes through when he speaks.
[adjective] – always behaving or happening in a similar, especially positive, way
There has been a consistent improvement in her attitude.
[adjective] – using new methods or ideas
She was an innovative manager.
[verb] – to imagine or expect that something will happen
We don’t anticipate any trouble.
A Michelin Star is given to food places with great meals. They look at the quality of the ingredients, how well the flavors go together, how well the chef knows how to cook, how the chef’s personality comes through in the food, and, just as important, how consistent the food is over time and across the whole menu. Last June 21, the Michelin Guide Dubai 2022 came out. It lists 69 restaurants. Eleven food locations got Michelin stars, and 44 more were “selected by Michelin.” The guide covers 21 different types of snacks to show how different the meals are in a place where most people are from other countries. One Michelin star was given to nine restaurants, including the Japanese restaurant Hoseki, which only has nine seats, the innovative Chinese restaurant Hakkasan, and the Portuguese restaurant Tasca.
This is great news for the big town of Dubai. It is well-known not only for its beautiful places but also for its delicious food spots. People need to anticipate visiting the Middle Eastern location soon.
- Have you cooked before? If yes, what are the foods you cooked? If not, what will you do to learn to cook?
- How can you describe the taste of your favorite food?
- If you are a chef, what will you do for your restaurant to be given a Michelin star?
- Do you think Michelin stars are necessary for a restaurant?
- How will you explain to people the good things about a restaurant having a Michelin star?