- What kinds of water activities do you do? Could you please tell me more about it?
- What is an initiative you have taken that you are proud of? Please elaborate on your answer.
- schedule /SKEJ-ool/
- sample /SAM-puhl/
- polluted /puh-LOO-tid/
- concerned /kuhn-SURND/
- cause /kawz/
[verb] – to arrange an event or activity that will happen at a particular time
The meeting will be scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
[noun] – a small amount of a substance or product that is tested to find out whether it is good, whether it contains a particular substance, etc.
Each sample was examined through a microscope.
[adjective] – affected by pollution
The river in our area is heavily polluted.
[adjective] – worried
I’m a little concerned about her health.
[verb] – to make something happen, especially something bad
I hope the boys don’t cause you too much trouble.
The Environmental Audit Committee found that no rivers in England were in “good” health as of 2022 and that 83 percent of freshwater species were declining globally. As per Joshua Govier, when doing a lot of water sports, such as kayaking, you can see different colors and smells on the water; it’s not pleasant to be on. He stated that he volunteered for the challenge because he was concerned about the river’s pollution levels, which could cause people to become ill.
- Who kayaked the length of the River Thames in nine days?
- What is the purpose of the initiative?
- What was found in all of England’s rivers, according to a parliamentary report?
- What proportion of freshwater species is declining globally?
- Why did Joshua Govier volunteer for the challenge?
- Have you volunteered for an organization that protects the environment? If so, could you tell me about it? If not, would you like to be a part of one? Why or why not?
- Have you tried kayaking? If so, how was it? If not, would you like to try it? Why or why not?
- If you were given a chance, how would you like to raise awareness about water pollution?
- Do you agree that it is not pleasant to be on a body of water that smells?
- What can you say about the students’ initiative? Please elaborate on your answer.