- What comes to your mind when you hear the word “autumn”?
- What is the best place to see the autumn leaves from where you live?
- gradually /GRAJ-oo-uh-lee/
- canoe /kuh-NOO/
- trail /treyl/
- vibrant /VAHY-bruhnt/
- explore /ik-SPLAWR/
[adverb] – slowly over a period of time or a distance
She adjusted to the vegetarian diet gradually.
[verb] – to travel in a canoe (=a small, light, narrow boat, pointed at both ends and moved using a paddle)
We navigated the lake by canoeing.
[noun] – a path through a countryside, mountain, or forest area, often made or used for a particular purpose
They spotted a bear in their way when they were traveling along a mountain trail.
[adjective] – color or light that is bright and strong
A valley in the national park has vibrant colors of yellow and red in the autumn.
[verb] – to travel to a new place to learn about it or become familiar with it
He was part of a group that explores the Antarctic.
While canoeing or riding a horse, you can enjoy the beauty of the crimson and golden foliage in Jozankei. If you take the ropeway to the top of the mountain, you might also be able to see the autumnal foliage.
Minoo Park, Osaka
Minoo Park is well-known for its autumn leaf displays. Another popular sight is Minoo Falls, which is surrounded by nature and has a hiking trail leading to it.
Momijidani Park, Hiroshima
It takes around 10 minutes to walk from Itsukushima Shrine to Momijidani Park, which is a great place to view the fall leaves. About 700 maple trees line the park, and they display vibrant hues every year from mid- to late November.
The viewing of the changing leaves is a tradition in Japan that dates back many years. Autumn officially starts in September, so we hope you explore and enjoy the magnificent autumnal scenery in Japan!
- What are the three places mentioned that are perfect for seeing the autumn foliage?
- How can we enjoy the foliage in Jozankei?
- Where is Minoo Fall located?
- How many minutes does it take to travel from Itsukushima Shrine to Momijidani Park?
- When does autumn officially start in Japan?
- What activities do you do in the fall season?
- How do autumn leaves make you feel?
- Among the three spots listed in the article, which place stands out the most to you and why?
- Is autumn an ideal season to visit Japan?
- What other fall foliage spots would you recommend to a tourist?