- Can you live without being digitally connected to the world? Why or why not?
- What does being digitally connected mean to you?
- access /AK-ses/
- service /SUR-vis/
- explore /ik-SPLAWR/
- enormous /ih-NAWR-muhs/
- jungle /JUHNG-guhl/
[noun] – the right or opportunity to use or look at something
The software enables you to access the Internet in seconds.
[noun] – a government system or private organization that is responsible for a particular type of activity, or for providing a particular thing that people need
The center provides a job placement service.
[verb] – to search and discover (about something)
The president wants to explore every avenue toward peace in the region.
[adjective] – extremely large
The main bedroom is enormous.
[noun] – a tropical forest in which trees and plants grow very closely together
Tigers live in the jungle.
When a messenger service goes down for an hour, the connected world goes nuts. When you leave your phone in a cab, you forfeit your sense of direction, your money, and your ability to call for transport home. You suddenly experience what it’s like to live without connection, and you’re completely unprepared. Being digitally connected to the world around us allows us to go beyond the present and explore and dream about a world yet to come. It maintains connections between people who are separated by enormous distances, provides access to all knowledge and educational opportunities, and opens up a world of possibilities for people of all ages.
For more than three decades, Huawei has brought the unconnected together, even in the most difficult environments such as islands, oceans, deserts, and tropical jungles. No matter where they are on the planet, communities can become stronger and businesses can thrive when economic and social value are built together. As a result, owing to Huawei’s ICT solutions, including RuralStar, almost 120 million people in rural areas spanning more than 80 countries will now have connectivity.
- How does the world react when a messenger service goes down for an hour?
- What does being digitally connected to the world around us allow us to do?
- What maintains connections between people who are separated by enormous distances?
- How many decades has Huawei brought the unconnected together?
- How many people in rural areas will now have connectivity because of Huawei’s ICT solutions initiative?
- When do you take the digital world for granted? Please elaborate on your answer.
- What was your life like when the world was not connected yet?
- Would you like to live in an unconnected world? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that being digitally connected to the world around us opens doors to countless opportunities for individuals of all ages?
- What organizations in your country have the same goals as Huawei? Could you tell me about them?