- What is the longest holiday in your country?
- Do you celebrate that holiday?
- raise /reyz/
- remain /ri-MEYN/
- likely /LAHYK-lee/
- organization /awr-guh-nuh-ZEY-shuhn/
- baker /BEY-ker/
[verb] – to cause something to increase or become bigger, better, higher, etc.
The government announced its plans to raise taxes.
[verb] – to stay in the same place or in the same condition
Ms. Brown remains a history teacher after all these years.
[adjective] – if something is likely, it will probably happen or is expected
It will likely rain tomorrow.
[noun] – a group of people who work together in an organized way for a shared purpose
My father is a leader of an international organization.
[noun] – a person who makes bread and cakes, or who sells bread and cakes as a job
My grandmother used to work as a baker.
True or False
- Denmark’s new government plans to remove a sports holiday.
- The Danish government’s goal is to reach NATO’s target of 3% of GDP.
- Mette Frederiksen is the current Social Democratic prime minister.
- The “Great Prayer Day” always happens on the Friday before the fourth Sunday after Easter.
- Iver Hansen said that the holiday is his business’ major source of income.
Fill in the blanks
- It’s _______ that we’ll visit Japan next year.
- Kazuha is a famous _______ in this town. Many tourists buy bread from him.
- The doctor advised him to _______ in bed for three more days.
- Our main goal next year is to _______ more money.
- Yumi works for an _______ that helps solve world hunger.