- What are some of your favorite outdoor activities or hobbies? Could you tell me about them?
- Do you like gardening? Why or why not?
- take over /TEYK-oh-ver /
- gardening /GARHD-ning/
- instant /IN-stuhnt/
- popularity /pop-yuh-LAR-i-tee/
- dominate /DOM-uh-neyt/
[phrasal verb] – to begin to have control of something
The new CEO plans to implement changes that will take over the company’s outdated systems and improve its competitiveness.
[noun] – the job or activity of working in a garden, growing and taking care of the plants, and keeping it attractive
Jane loves spending her weekends gardening and planting flowers and vegetables in her backyard.
[adjective] – happening immediately, without any delay
With instant messaging, it’s easy to keep in touch with friends and family no matter where you are.
[noun] – the fact that something or someone is liked, enjoyed, or supported by many people
The singer’s popularity skyrocketed after her performance on the national talent show.
[verb] – to have control over a place or person
During the tournament, the home team dominated their opponents and won the championship trophy.
Alice Vincent, a British author, believes that indoor gardening is a meditative activity that helps people connect with nature. Caring for a living thing requires love, attention, and commitment, which can be a welcome change from the fast-paced digital world. It’s a chance to escape from the instant gratification that technology brings and focus on something that requires patience and effort.
In conclusion, the popularity of indoor gardening among millennials and Gen Z is a reflection of the yearning for connection with nature and the need for self-care. Whether you’re a seasoned plant parent or just starting out, the joy and solace that come from caring for indoor plants are worth every penny and every moment. So, let’s embrace this trend and become the best plant parents we can be. By following the path of indoor gardening, we can find peace and happiness in a world dominated by technology.
- What is the most popular houseplant on Instagram, and how many posts are dedicated to it?
- What is the result of caring for indoor plants, according to the article?
- What has become the most Instagrammable houseplant?
- What is the message that the author is trying to convey about indoor gardening?
- Who is Alice Vincent?
- Have you ever cared for indoor plants or been a “plant parent”? If so, have you noticed any changes in your home or environment since bringing in indoor plants? If not, would you like to become one? Why or why not?
- To what daily activity of yours can you equate indoor gardening? Could you elaborate on your answer?
- If you had a busy lifestyle, would you find solace in caring for indoor plants? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that indoor gardening has become a way for millennials and Gen Z to connect with nature?
- What is the message that the author wants to convey through the article?