- Do you currently have an active subscription to a streaming service?
- Have you ever canceled a subscription to a streaming service?
- require /ri-KWAHYUHR/
- argue /AHR-gyoo/
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
- period /PEER-ee-uhd/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
[verb] – to need something or make something necessary
The school rules require students to wear uniforms every day.
[AHR-gyoo] – to give the reasons for your opinion, idea, belief, etc.
They argue that reducing carbon emissions is crucial to combating climate change.
[noun] – the companies and activities involved in the process of producing goods for sale, especially in a factory or special area
The tourism industry in our town provides many job opportunities for local residents.
[noun] – a length of time
The teacher gave us a five-minute break during the class period.
[verb] – to make someone more likely to do something, or to make something more likely to happen
My parents always encourage me to do my best in school.
True or False:
- Disney believes that it already provides clear pricing information to its customers.
- The UK government’s intention behind the law is to encourage competition and protect consumers.
- Disney agrees with the law’s idea of a 14-day cooling-off period for digital subscription services.
- Responsible users are more likely to benefit from the proposed law.
- The purpose of the law is to ensure customers remember their subscriptions.
Fill in the blanks:
- The technology ________ has improved the way people communicate with each other.
- The job application may _______ you to provide references from previous employers.
- I have a waiting ______ of two weeks before I can receive my online order.
- The teacher ______ the students to be creative and express their ideas freely.
- They ______ that increasing access to education is important for economic growth.