©Nicola Colombo/Getty Images
- What qualities or features make a destination qualify as a remote paradise?
- Why do remote paradises often evoke a sense of awe and wonder in people?
- distant /DIS-tuhnt/
- breathtaking /BRETH-tey-king/
- tradition /truh-DISH-uhn/
- diverse /dih-VURS/
- coastal /KOHS-tl/
[adjective] – far away
The children stared at the distant mountain peaks, their colorful flags waving in the wind.
[adjective] – extremely exciting, beautiful, or surprising
As Sarah reached the top of the hill, she couldn’t believe her eyes—the view was absolutely breathtaking!
[noun] – a belief, principle, or way of acting that people in a particular society or group have continued to follow for a long time, or all of these beliefs, etc. in a particular society or group
Every year during Diwali, our family follows the tradition of lighting oil lamps to symbolize the victory of light over darkness.
[adjective] – including many different types of people or things:
The school playground was filled with laughter as children from different countries and cultures played together, showcasing the diverse nature of their community.
[adjective] – positioned on, or relating to the coast
During our summer vacation, we enjoyed building sandcastles and collecting seashells on the coastal beach.
The Shetland Islands offer a captivating blend of ancient Norse traditions and breathtaking landscapes. Immersed in Viking culture, the islands are adorned with village names and ancient ruins that bear witness to their historical legacy. Nature enthusiasts will be captivated by the pristine beauty of the untouched landscapes that await exploration in the Shetland Islands. Discover an idyllic paradise with pristine beaches, dramatic cliffs, and lush greenery. Explore diverse wildlife, from nesting birds to playful otters. Experience tranquility in this untamed landscape and witness nature’s marvels. Thrill-seekers can embark on exhilarating coastal hikes, offering stunning vistas. Dive into the vibrant underwater realm of the North Sea. Immerse yourself in local traditions at the renowned Up Helly Aa festival, featuring a captivating torchlit parade and the mesmerizing spectacle of a burning Viking ship.
Surrender to the allure of the Shetland Islands, where the Viking spirit reverberates through time. Immerse yourself in a world of natural wonders, ancient traditions, and thrilling adventures. Discover the hidden treasures of this remote Scottish archipelago and create memories that will stay with you forever.
- What kind of place is described in the article?
- What else can be found in the Shetland Islands besides beautiful landscapes?
- What evidence of Viking history can be seen on the islands?
- What awaits nature enthusiasts in the Shetland Islands?
- How does the article describe the landscape of the Shetland Islands?
- What kind of natural beauty appeals to you the most? Can you imagine exploring a place with untouched beaches, dramatic cliffs, and lush greenery? How do you think such surroundings would enhance your experience?
- How do you feel about experiencing local traditions and festivals? Can you imagine participating in the famous Up Helly Aa festival, where a torchlit parade and a burning Viking ship create a mesmerizing spectacle? What emotions do you think this event would evoke?
- Do you agree that the presence of ancient Norse traditions and remnants of the Viking culture scattered throughout the Shetland Islands adds to the allure and historical significance of the destination?
- How important do you think it is for a destination to have untouched natural beauty? What impact does pristine nature have on our well-being and the overall tourist experience?
- Reflect on the cultural significance of local traditions and festivals, such as the Up Helly Aa festival in the Shetland Islands. How do these events help preserve cultural heritage and bring communities together?