- Do you exercise?
- Do you like how you feel after exercising?
- depression /dih-PRESH-uhn/
- growth /grohth/
- therapy /THER-uh-pee/
- boost /boost/
- preference /PREF-er-uhns/
[noun] – the state of feeling very unhappy and without hope for the future
The therapist recommended a combination of therapy and medication to manage her depression effectively.
[noun] – the act or process, or a manner of growing; development
The city’s population growth has led to increased demands for housing, infrastructure, and services.
[noun] – a treatment that helps someone feel better, grow stronger, etc., especially after an illness
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an effective treatment for managing and reducing symptoms of depression.
[verb] – to increase or improve something
A positive and supportive work environment can boost employee morale and productivity.
[noun] – the fact that you like something or someone more than another thing or person
Jennifer’s preference for a quiet workspace led her to choose a remote job where she could work from home.
Regular exercise can reduce depressive symptoms, boost self-esteem, increase energy levels, and improve sleep. However, it’s important to remember that exercise might not work the same way for everyone. Creating an exercise routine that fits your preferences, abilities, and interests is crucial for long-term benefits. Seeking guidance from healthcare professionals is important for creating a comprehensive treatment plan for managing depression. By incorporating exercise into your life, you can experience positive changes in your mental health and overall well-being. Finding activities you enjoy can give you a sense of achievement and have a significant impact on your mental and emotional health.
True or False:
- Exercise can help improve mental health.
- Endorphins are chemicals released by the brain during exercise.
- Exercise can increase symptoms of depression.
- Regular exercise can increase self-criticism.
- Exercise prevents the growth of new brain cells.
Fill in the blanks:
- Mental health professionals work to diagnose and treat individuals experiencing ___________, offering support and therapy.
- Stem cell ___________ is believed to have the ability to reverse aging.
- Engaging in regular exercise can ___________ mood and overall well-being.
- Each individual has their own ___________ when it comes to hobbies, food, or leisure activities.
- Personal ___________ can occur when individuals challenge themselves and step out of their comfort zones.