©Romain Maurice/Getty Images for Haute Living
- Do you own an electric vehicle?
- Are there environmental benefits associated with using electric vehicles?
- development /dih-VEL-uhp-muhnt/
- government /GUHV-ern-muhnt/
- encourage /en-KUR-ij/
- promising /PROM-uh-sing/
- industry /IN-duh-stree/
[noun] – the process by which someone or something grows, changes, and becomes more advanced
The development of technology has changed our lives significantly.
[noun] – the group of people who are responsible for controlling a country or a region, usually elected by the citizens of that country
The government is implementing new policies to improve healthcare.
[verb] – to support, inspire, or give someone the confidence to do something
Teachers often encourage students to ask questions in class.
[adjective] – showing signs of future success or potential
The young artist has a promising career ahead of her.
[noun] – all the companies and activities involved in the production of goods or services in a particular area.
The automotive industry is constantly evolving with new technology.
True or False:
- Lucid Motors is a Chinese company.
- The Saudi government is investing in electric cars to boost their economy and create jobs.
- Electric cars are not good for the environment.
- Lucid Motors’ new factory in Saudi Arabia is intended to meet the demand for luxury electric vehicles.
- The article suggests that cooperation between companies and governments can have a positive impact on reducing pollution and fighting climate change.
Fill in the blanks:
- The fashion ______ is known for its fast-paced and creative nature.
- The city’s ______ plan includes building new parks and schools.
- Citizens have the right to vote for their ______ representatives.
- Positive feedback can ______ employees to work harder.
- The new product has received ______ reviews from consumers.