- Have you ever heard of an alligator before?
- Do you know where alligators usually live?
- extraordinary /ik-STRAWR-dn-er-ee/
- progress /PROG-res/
- discussion /dih-SKUHSH-uhn/
- postpone /pohst-POHN/
- necessary /NES-uh-ser-ee/
[adjective] – very unusual, special, unexpected, or strange
The magician’s performance was truly extraordinary, leaving the audience in awe of his incredible tricks.
[noun] – movement to an improved or more developed state, or to a forward position
The significant progress in technology over the last decade has transformed the way we live and work.
[noun] – the activity in which people talk about something and tell each other their ideas or opinions
The lively discussion among the group of friends covered various topics, from politics to the latest movies.
[verb] – to delay an event and plan or decide that it should happen at a later date or time
Due to bad weather, they had to postpone the outdoor picnic to next weekend.
[adjective] – needed in order to achieve a particular result
Proper planning and organization are necessary to successfully complete a complex project on time.
True or False:
- Gatorland Park is located in Florida.
- The community helped choose the alligator’s name, “Jawlene.”
- Jawlene has lost weight during her journey.
- CEO Mark McHugh wants to give Jawlene a prosthetic upper jaw.
- The community is committed to Jawlene’s well-being.
Fill in the blanks:
- Despite facing some challenges, the students made significant ____________ in their studies over the semester.
- Due to bad weather, they had to ____________ the outdoor picnic until next weekend.
- The magician’s performance was truly ____________, leaving the audience in awe of his tricks.
- Having a first-aid kit is ____________ for any camping trip to ensure safety in case of accidents.
- The team had a ____________ to plan the upcoming charity event and decide on all the details.