- Have you ever visited or seen a tall tower in person?
- Can you think of any famous towers from around the world?
- wooden /WOOD-n/
- project /PROJ-ekt/
- step /step/
- rooftop /ROOF-top/
- farming /FAHR-ming/
[adjective] – made of wood or resembling wood in appearance or texture
The table in the kitchen is made of wooden planks.
[noun] – a planned piece of work that has a specific purpose, usually involving a team of people and a set timeframe
The construction project will create many job opportunities in the area.
[noun] – is used metaphorically to mean a positive or progressive action or development
Taking small steps to recycle your paper and plastic at home can help protect our environment.
[noun ] – the flat, usually open area on the top of a building
They enjoyed a romantic dinner on the rooftop of the hotel.
[noun] – the practice of cultivating crops and raising livestock, especially on a farm
His family has been involved in farming for generations.
True or False:
- The C6 building in Australia is going to be made entirely of wood.
- The C6 building is going to be located in Sydney.
- The C6 building will be 191.2 meters tall.
- The C6 building will have space for 300 people.
- The main reason for using wood in the C6 building is to reduce carbon emissions.
Fill in the blanks:
- She carved a beautiful ______ figurine from a block of oak.
- Sustainable ______ methods help protect the environment.
- Her science _______ won first place in the school competition.
- Learning new words each day is a great ______ towards improving your English language skills.
- The ______ garden is a peaceful oasis in the middle of the city.