- prestigious /pre-STIJ-uhs/
- grace /greys/
- influx /IN-fluhks /
- unprecedented /uhn-PRES-i-den-tid/
- spotlight /SPOT-lahyt/
[adjective] – very much respected and admired, usually because of being important
She was honored to receive a prestigious award for her groundbreaking research in the field of medicine.
[verb] – to be in a place, on a thing etc. and make it look more attractive
The famous actor graced the red carpet with his presence, adding glamour and excitement to the movie premiere.
[noun] – the fact of a large number of people or things arriving at the same time
The city experienced an influx of tourists during the holiday season, filling hotels and attractions.
[adjective] – never having happened or existed in the past
The recent global pandemic brought unprecedented challenges to healthcare systems around the world.
[noun] – (of a person) receiving a lot of public attention
After winning the championship, the young athlete found herself in the spotlight, with the media and fans eager to interview her.
This edition of the Women’s World Cup promised to break new ground, from the co-hosting arrangement to the influx of fresh teams, providing football enthusiasts with a thrilling and unprecedented experience. As the excitement built, the global spotlight was on the world’s most talented players, with fans eagerly awaiting the crowning of the next Women’s World Cup champion. The historic tournament captured the hearts of millions worldwide, highlighting the growth and importance of women’s football on the global stage.
- What are your initial thoughts on the co-hosting arrangement and the inclusion of more teams in the Women’s World Cup?
- How do you feel about the historic increase in payments for participants in the Women’s World Cup?
- Do you think the co-hosting arrangement between Australia and New Zealand for the Women’s World Cup will make the tournament more exciting for fans?
- How can the co-hosting arrangement between Australia and New Zealand benefit the Women’s World Cup in terms of fan engagement, diversity of hosting cities, and international collaboration?
- With the inclusion of more teams and debutant nations in the Women’s World Cup, what challenges and opportunities do you foresee for the growth and development of women’s football on a global scale?