- What are the popular women’s sports in your country?
- What upcoming sports events are you excited about?
- significant /sig-NIF-i-kuhnt/
- represent /rep-ri-ZENT/
- ensure /en-SHOOR/
- eagerly /EE-ger-lee/
- highlight /HAHY-lahyt/
[adjective] – important or noticeable
The discovery of a new species in the rainforest was significant to scientists studying biodiversity.
[verb] – to be a sign or symbol of something
The color green is commonly used to represent nature and growth.
[verb] – to make something certain to happen
The security measures in place ensure the safety of the building and its occupants.
[adverb] – in a way that shows that you want to do or have something very much, especially something interesting or enjoyable
She eagerly accepted the job offer, as she had been wanting to work for that company for a long time.
[verb] – to attract attention to or emphasize something important
The speaker used bold colors and visuals to highlight the main ideas in the presentation, making it engaging for the audience.
This edition of the Women’s World Cup promised groundbreaking experiences, from the co-hosting arrangement to the addition of new teams, providing football enthusiasts with an unforgettable and unprecedented event. As excitement grew, the world turned its attention to the most talented players, eagerly anticipating the crowning of the next Women’s World Cup champion. This historic tournament captured the hearts of millions worldwide, highlighting the growth and significance of women’s football on the global stage.
- How many teams participated in the recent Women’s World Cup, and how many of them were competing for the first time?
- What was one of the significant changes introduced in this edition of the Women’s World Cup regarding the number of teams participating?
- How did the prize pot for the Women’s World Cup in 2023 compare to the prize in 2019, and how were the payments distributed among the players?
- What was the aim of FIFA’s new payment model for the Women’s World Cup participants?
- What were some distinctive features of the 2023 Women’s World Cup, according to the article?
- What do you think about the Women’s World Cup being co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand and the addition of more teams to the tournament?
- How do you feel about the historic increase in payments for participants in the Women’s World Cup?
- Do you believe that the co-hosting arrangement between Australia and New Zealand will make the Women’s World Cup more exciting for fans?
- How can the co-hosting arrangement benefit the Women’s World Cup in terms of fan engagement, host cities’ diversity, and international collaboration?
- With more teams and debutant nations in the Women’s World Cup, what challenges and opportunities do you see for the growth and development of women’s football worldwide?