- Do you know what ‘leprosy’ is?
- Are there diseases or illnesses that tend to have localized outbreaks in specific regions of your country?
- regular /REG-yuh-ler/
- unexpected /uhn-ik-SPEK-tid/
- rare /rair/
- raise /reyz/
- hidden /HID-n/
[adjective] – happening or doing something often
She has a regular exercise routine that she follows every morning.
[adjective] – not expected
The sudden rainstorm caught us off guard and was completely unexpected.
[adjective] – not common or frequent; very unusual
The sighting of a rare bird species attracted birdwatchers from all around the region.
[verb] – to bring something to your attention; cause to be noticed
She wanted to raise awareness about the importance of environmental conservation.
[adjective] – not easily noticed or seen; concealed or not visible on the surface
The treasure remained hidden for centuries, waiting to be discovered by an intrepid explorer.
True or False:
- Leprosy is a common disease that is easily diagnosed and treated in most cases.
- Leprosy is caused by a bacteria called Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- Armadillos are the primary source of leprosy transmission to humans.
- Dr. Rajiv Nathoo confirmed the diagnosis of leprosy through several tests.
- Central Florida had a higher number of leprosy cases compared to other places in the US in 2020.
Fill in the blanks:
- The __________ arrival of the guests led to a delightful surprise at the party.
- Finding a four-leaf clover is considered a ____ occurrence due to the plant’s infrequent mutation.
- The team has _______ meetings to discuss project updates and progress.
- Her ______ talents surprised everyone when she unveiled her impressive painting skills at the art exhibition.
- The report ______ concerns about the safety standards at the construction site.