- unprecedented /uhn-PRES-i-den-tid/
- influx /IN-fluhks/
- explicit /ik-SPLIS-it/
- staggering /STAG-uh-ring/
- contemplate /KON-tuhm-pleyt/
[adjective] – never having happened or existed in the past
The scale of the natural disaster was unprecedented, leaving the community in shock and disbelief.
[noun] – the fact of a large number of people or things arriving at the same time
The city experienced an influx of tourists during the holiday season, leading to crowded streets and busy shops.
[adjective] – clear and exact
The instructions for assembling the furniture were explicit, making the task straightforward and easy to complete.
[adjective] – very shocking and surprising
The company reported a staggering increase in profits, far surpassing analysts’ expectations.
[verb] – to spend time considering a possible future action, or to consider one particular thing for a long time in a serious and quiet way
After years of hard work, he sat back to contemplate the achievements and milestones he had reached in his career.
In light of these challenges, authorities are contemplating stringent measures, including the potential implementation of a tram system and regulating access to the mountain. While many aspire to climb Mount Fuji, the current levels of overcrowding may necessitate regulated entry to preserve the mountain’s sanctity and natural grandeur. This crisis calls for a concerted effort to promote sustainable tourism practices and safeguard this cultural treasure for generations to come.
- Have you ever visited a heavily tourist-populated natural site or monument? If yes, how did the level of crowding impact your experience, and did it affect your perception of the site’s natural beauty and cultural significance? If not, what destinations do you imagine tourists frequently choose to explore and why?
- How do you feel about the idea of implementing measures like a tram system or regulating access to popular natural sites? Can you envision potential benefits and drawbacks to these proposals?
- Do you think that the surge in tourism and overcrowding at Mount Fuji is primarily due to the rise of “bullet climbing” and the desire for a sunrise view?
- Consider the broader issue of sustainable tourism. What are some strategies that authorities and communities can implement to manage tourism in a way that minimizes environmental impact while still allowing people to experience and appreciate cultural and natural landmarks?
- How can technology and digital platforms be leveraged to educate and inform tourists about responsible and respectful behavior when visiting popular natural sites like Mount Fuji? What role can social media play in promoting sustainable tourism practices?
- stand at
- aspire to