- craving /KREY-ving/
- extremity /ik-STREM-i-tee/
- botanical /buh-TAN-i-kuhl/
- residence /REZ-i-duhns/
- beauty /BYOO-tee/
[noun] a strong feeling of wanting something
Her sister has a craving for peanut butter.
[noun] the furthest point, especially from the centre
The professor already reached the extremity of his patience.
[adjective] involving or relating to plants or the study of plants
The scientist worked hard on his botanical experiments for 5 years.
[noun] a home
The official residence of the king is guarded by hundreds of soldiers.
[noun] a quality that makes something especially good or attractive
The blooming flowers add to the beauty of the newest tourist attraction in the city.
A supervised trial in 2018 showed that taking time to see the beauty of nature helped relieve stress hormones and improve the state of mind. This year, another study concluded that being exposed to nature all through young adulthood could boost better mental health. Savoring nature outdoors gives plenty of good health benefits, but the new research found that having a green view outside your window could improve your health. Leanne Martin, the lead author said, “It has been known for some time that being outdoors in nature is linked to a person’s well-being. But, for there to be a similar association with cravings from simply being able to see green spaces adds a new dimension to previous research.” The study was featured in the journal, Health & Place.
True or False:
- The University of Plymouth in the US conducted a survey from 149 participants aged 21 to 65 years old.
- Based on a study, a colorful view at home could help improve one’s health.
- The result of the survey said that, people who don’t go to public parks have lesser cravings.
- Martin Leanne is the lead author of the study.
- Based on the article, enjoying sports outdoors has many good health benefits.
- Do you agree that nature has something to do with our health? Why or why not?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of unhealthy cravings?
- How do you handle your food cravings? Kindly elaborate your answer.
- What do you usually feel when you see a greenery view and why?
- In Japan, what is the most famous public park people usually visit?
Express Your Opinion:
- “Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” ― Gary Snyder
- “Cakes are healthy too, you just eat a small slice.” ― Mary Berry