- canine /KEY-nahyn/
- violation /vahy-uh-LEY-shuhn/
- lawsuit /LAW-soot/
- veterinary /VET-er-uh-ner-ee/
- undergo /uhn-der-GOH/
[adjective] – of or like an animal of the dog family
My mother is a specialist in canine care.
[noun] – an action that breaks or acts against something, especially a law, agreement, principle, or something that should be treated with respect
He violated the terms of his agreement.
[noun] – a disagreement between people or organizations that is brought to a court of law for a decision
Her lawyer filed a lawsuit against the company she’s working for.
[adjective] – connected with taking care of the health of animals
In this situation, it’s recommended to consult veterinary experts.
[verb] – to experience something that involves a change
Hina underwent intensive training to improve her English skills.
The dogs were being bred in Virginia by a company that later sold them to labs conducting drug tests. However, the business has since been shut down due to violations of animal laws, and charities are working to find new homes for the dogs. The US Department of Justice filed a lawsuit in May against the breeding facility in Cumberland, accusing it of several instances of animal abuse. Inspectors discovered that some dogs were being put to death for illnesses that were easily treatable rather than receiving veterinary care. The beagles are currently undergoing medical evaluations and vaccines before being made available for adoption.
- Have you adopted an animal? If so, please tell me more about it. If not, would you like to and why?
- Please share your thoughts on medical tests on animals.
- If given the chance, how would you help in saving the beagles?
- Should small animals (such as rats and roaches) be saved from experimentation, too?
- How can we advocate for rescuing animals from testing facilities?
- rescue operation