- Is depression a common mental health condition?
- Do you buy products with probiotics?
- suggest /suhg-JEST/
- result /ri-ZUHLT/
- condition /kuhn-DISH-uhn/
- reduce /ri-DOOS/
- relationship /ri-LEY-shuhn-ship/
[verb] – to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider
I would suggest going for a walk to clear your mind.
[noun] – something that happens or exists because of something else
The result of the experiment was not what we had expected.
[noun] – the particular state that something or someone is in
The condition of the old house was not good, and it required extensive renovation.
[verb] – to become or to make something become smaller in size, amount, degree, importance, etc.
To reduce waste, we should recycle more and use reusable bags.
[noun] – the way in which two things are connected
Scientists have discovered the relationship between lung cancer and smoking.
The primary result of this research is that gut bacteria may have a direct impact on cognitive function. According to studies, the gut and brain are connected by a complex web of neurological, hormonal, and immunological processes. This suggests that the brain and gut microbes may interact and influence our thoughts and behaviors. As a result of this research, new treatments have been created for a number of mental health conditions, including schizophrenia, anxiety, and depression. Probiotics, which are dietary supplements containing beneficial bacteria, have been shown in a number of studies to be able to reduce the signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression.
By better understanding the complex relationship between the gut and the brain, researchers may be able to develop new treatments for mental health problems and improve overall brain function.
True or False:
- Gut bacteria have no impact on cognitive function.
- There is no connection between the gut and the brain.
- Probiotics have no effect on mental health conditions.
- No new treatments have been developed as a result of research on the relationship between the gut and the brain.
- The human gut is home to bacteria, fungi, and archaea.
Fill in the blanks:
- A key task is to get pupils to perceive for themselves the _______ between success and effort.
- Can you ______ a good restaurant in the area?
- The ______ of the election will be announced tonight.
- She was told by the doctor that her ______ was serious and required immediate attention.
- She was able to ______ her debt by cutting down on unnecessary expenses.