- Have you tried working from home
- Do you enjoy working with other people?
- normal /NAWR-muhl/
- lonely /LOHN-lee/
- mood /mood/
- relax /ri-LAKS/
- helpful /HELP-fuhl/
[adjective] – ordinary or usual; the same as would be expected
It is normal that you feel nervous when you are taking an exam.
[adjective] – unhappy because you are not with other people
The child feels lonely without her playmates.
[noun] – the way you feel at a particular time
The woman’s mood suddenly changed after hearing the bad news.
[verb] – to become less active and more calm and happy
Relax! You’re on a vacation!
[adjective] – willing to help, or useful
The team leader is very helpful to his team members about their project.
1. Take a break
It is still okay to drink your coffee and rest when you are on break. Talking to your co-workers sometimes is not bad at all, as it could also help lighten up your mood and enjoy working more.
2. Find a working spot at home
Look for a place in your house where you can work without being interrupted. Also, keep in mind that there should be a place at home where you don’t do any work.
3. Use your travel time to work to do other things
Spend time going to the office to do things like exercising or doing yoga. Activities that could help you relax first before you start working from home.
4. Stick to your working hours
Try to finish all the tasks given to you within the day. Turn off your work devices once your working shift is over.
5. Talk to your coworkers through video calls
Video tools like Facetime and Zoom are very much helpful when communicating with your teammates. It is less likely to feel alone even if you are not working physically together.
True or False:
- Working from home could save time and energy but could also feel lonely.
- Use your travel time to finish all the tasks given to you within the day.
- Find a noisy place at home where you could work at peace.
- Video tools like Facebook and Zoom are used to talk with your office mates online.
- Don’t turn off your computer even when your shift is over.
Complete the sentences by using the words in the box.
- She was in a bad ____ the entire day.
- My best friend was rewarded as the best ____ of the month.
- Traveling alone seems to be _____.
- Reading is very ____ to enrich our vocabulary.
- ____ your feet so you will not fall.